An indoor cycle trainer has become an important asset for a cyclist these days, providing the best benefits from one’s training time.
Be it for general fitness, to gauge the rise in your FTP (Functional Threshold Power), to keep cycling during cold winter months, or to join your buddies in a virtual race on Zwift, indoor cycle trainers support and engage a cyclist in many ways. But with all the brands and technology out there, it is becoming hard to choose the right trainer for one’s needs.
And to know which are the best cycle trainers available in India, have a look at the list below, put together by Cyclop experts, serious cyclists who have spent many hours with elbows tucked in, sweat dripping, pedalling away on their trainers.
Read here:- How To Choose a Cycle Trainer.
OUR TOP PICKS IN A NUTSHELL
|Best travel companion||Feedback Sports Omnium Portable Trainer||Price: Rs. 32,000|
|Best for beginners||Minoura Magride 60R||Price: Rs. 15,990|
|Best for enthusiasts||Elite Qubo Power Smart B+||Price: Rs. 25,490|
|Best for advanced||Wahoo Kickr Smart Trainer||Price: Rs. 1,14,999|
|Our Favorite||Kinetic Rock and Roll||Price: Rs. 58,900|
|Best direct-drive value for money||Elite Suito Smart Interactive Turbo Trainer||Price: Rs. 49,990|
*All prices are subject to change.
1. Minoura Magride 60R Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 15,990
This trainer is best suited for beginners who do not want to spend too much on their advanced indoor cycle trainer. It generates about 450W at 40km/h speed, so it is best suited for amateur riders who want to stay fit, cycling indoors for about 30 minutes every day, with easy spinning.
- 7 levels resistance (used as per the effort)
- Remote resistance shifter
- Easy to use, intuitive
- Very basic trainer, not compatible with any apps
2. Elite Qubo Power Smart B+ Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 29,990
Elite Qubo Power Smart B+ is one of the best tire-drive magnetic cycle trainers for amateurs to mid-pro riders, who have been racing for about 1-2 years. It transmits power data wirelessly via ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart. Its price range, with a number of smart options, makes it one of the best in the market. Its elastogel roller reduces the noise by about 50% and is easy on tires.
- Wirelessly transmits power, cadence and speed data
- High compatibility with wheels from 20” – 29” width
- 8 levels of resistance (wide range of power and various effort)
- Compatible with third-party apps
3. Elite Qubo Fluid Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 24,490
This is a tire-drive smart trainer with beautiful design, best for beginners to mid-pro level cyclists. It gives you the power, cadence and speed data via ANT+ sensor inbuilt in the trainer. It is claimed that the fluid resistance roller is one of the quietest in the market in this price range. It has a powerful fluid flywheel that gives a very smooth feel. It is very stable, portable and easy to store.
- No calibration required
- Fast fixing system
- Stable and quiet
4. Elite Suito Smart Interactive Turbo Trainer
Price: Rs. 49,990
Type: direct drive
Connection: ANT+, Bluetooth
Power Meter /accuracy: yes, power meter OTS system (Optical Torque Sensor) (+/- 1,5%)
Slope simulation max: 15%
Power Output: 1900w
Data info: Power data, cadence (pedaling analysis) and speed.
Bike: MTB, Road, Gravel
Cassette gears: 9 / 10 / 11 / 12
Cassette brands: SRAM / Shimano / Campagnolo / SRAM NX / Shimano® micro Spline
Axle Type: 5 mm QR, 12 mm thru-axle / 130 – 135 mm, 142 mm
Connection: ANT+, Bluetooth
Devices: Garmin Edge, Polar, Bryton, Sigma, smartphones/tablets iOS/ Android / Windows / OSX
Compatible Softwares: ZWIFT, TrainerRoad, MyTraining, Kinomap, Rouvy, the sufferest, RGT, FulGaz, Bikevo, BKOOL
5. Feedback Sports Omnium Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 32,000
Hands down, it is one of the best portable trainers for beginners to advanced cyclists. If you do not want any power data and want a cycle trainer that is easy to carry around to races, it is the one to be considered. The front mounts on the stand that supports various thru-axles. It is compatible for wheel sizes 600c – 700c and 26″-29″.
- Easy to carry (6.3kg)
- Highly compatible with all the adult road and mountain bikes
- Easy to fix and use
6. Kinetic Rock and Roll Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 58,900
It is the best trainer to consider when it comes to range of movement and the best outdoor feel. Kinetic Rock and Roll gives an immersive experience with smart electronic simulation and road feel. It is tire-driven with a massive flywheel. Best suited for those who do not want to spend a lot on the direct drive smart and interactive trainers.
- High road feel and range of movement
- Electronically simulated
- Lifetime warranty on frame
- Highly stable and durable
- Compatible with Zwift, TrainerRoad and other third-party apps
7. Giant Cyclotron Fluid ST Trainer
Price: Rs. 31,999
- Real Road Simulation (RRS) technology provides up to 2000 watts of quiet, smooth, progressive resistance
- TurboTron 70mm alloy roller with internal cooling fins reduces heat build up and prolongs tire life
- F4 fluid formed alloy frame provides incredible stiffness
- Dial-adjust anti-skid feet keep your trainer stable and your floors clean
- Accommodates most wheel from 24″ to 29″
8. Elite Drivo II Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 1,15,990
This trainer is meant for really advanced level cyclists who pedal to win. It integrates with all the training apps like Zwift, TrainerRoad, Sufferfest and simulates the terrain automatically and is very quiet. The 6kg flywheel gives very smooth pedaling and high power output.
- Very quiet
- Slope simulation up to 24%
- Compatible with all the apps
- High power accuracy with +/- 1%
- One of the best in the market
9. Wahoo Kickr Smart Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 1,14,999
A direct drive, it gives power accuracy of +/- 2% and generates up to 2200 watts. It has LED lights that indicate the training intensity. Highly immersive and paired with all the third-party training apps, it has all the features that an advanced cyclist will need. It is compatible with KICKR CLIMB and KICKR HEADWIND.
- Quiet and high power output
- 20% maximum grade slope simulation
- Controlled resistance
- Compatible with third-party power meter
10. Tacx Flux 2 Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 84,900
The iconic FLUX Smart has been upgraded to the FLUX 2 Smart. Compared to its predecessor, it is equipped with a bigger and stronger resistance unit and a heavier flywheel. This resulted in a wider simulation range, better ride feel and a more accurate power measurement.
- Type of trainer : Interactive Smart direct drive with electric brake
- Magnets : 8 Permanent ferrite magnets & 8 electromagnets
- Transmission : None
- Electrical requirements : 100-230 Volt
- Power indicator : None
- Connection indicator (ANT/BT) : 2 LEDs
- Firmware upgradable : Yes
- Suitable cassettes : Not suitable for Specialized SCS system , Shimano & SRAM: 8 – 11 speed. Campagnolo, SRAM XD and XD-R body sold separately
- Suitable axles : Width of rear fork: Race 130 mm, MTB 135 mm, 142 mm & 148 mm. Adapter for 135 x 10 mm available.
- Suitable bikes : Race, Tri & MTB
- Supplied with : Quick release for road bikes and mountain bikes (5mm) , Direct drive quick release with adapter set 142x12mm & 148x12mm , 1 month Tacx Premium software
- Max. power (40 km/h) : 2000 Watt
- Max. incline : 16%
- Simulation of descent : No
- Max. torque : 41 Nm
- Max. brake force : 120 N
- Flywheel Actual of : 7.6 kg
- Mass inertia : 31.2kg
- Calibration : Spin down
- Footprint (lxw) : 670 x 642 mm (26.4 x 25.3 in)
- Height : 460 mm (18.1 in)
- Dimensions when folded : Not foldable
- Weight : 21.3kg (46.9lbs)
- Article number : T2980
Data Output and Control :
- Wireless communication : ANT+ FE-C , Bluetooth Smart open
- Control by : ANT+FE-C bike computers , Connect to computer via ANT+antenna , Smartphone , Stand alone , Tablet
- Output : Cadence , Power , Speed
- Read out on : Bike computer , Computer with ANT+ antenna , Smartphone , Sports watch , Tablet
- Accuracy : <2.5%
This list of the best indoor cycle trainers available in India was made keeping in mind every type of rider and budget range. The main thing to consider while buying an indoor cycle trainer is to know about your priorities, training goals, and the experience you want.