An indoor cycle trainer has become an important asset for a cyclist these days, providing the best benefits from one’s training time.
Be it for general fitness, to gauge the rise in your FTP (Functional Threshold Power), to keep cycling during cold winter months, or to join your buddies in a virtual race on Zwift, indoor cycle trainers support and engage a cyclist in many ways. But with all the brands and technology out there, it is becoming hard to choose the right trainer for one’s needs.
And to know which are the best cycle trainers available in India, have a look at the list below, put together by Cyclop experts, serious cyclists who have spent many hours with elbows tucked in, sweat dripping, pedalling away on their trainers.
Read here:- How To Choose a Cycle Trainer.
OUR TOP PICKS IN A NUTSHELL
|Best travel companion||Feedback Sports Omnium Portable Trainer||Price: Rs. 32,000|
|Best for beginners||Minoura Magride 60R||Price: Rs. 12,990|
|Best for enthusiasts||Elite Qubo Power Smart B+||Price: Rs. 25,490|
|Best for advanced||Wahoo Kickr Smart Trainer||Price: Rs. 1,14,999|
|Our Favorite||Kinetic Rock and Roll||Price: Rs. 58,900|
|Best direct-drive value for money||Elite Direto||Price: Rs. 72,990|
*All prices are subject to change.
1. Minoura Magride 60R Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 12,990
This trainer is best suited for beginners who do not want to spend too much on their advanced indoor cycle trainer. It generates about 450W at 40km/h speed, so it is best suited for amateur riders who want to stay fit, cycling indoors for about 30 minutes every day, with easy spinning.
- 7 levels resistance (used as per the effort)
- Remote resistance shifter
- Easy to use, intuitive
- Very basic trainer, not compatible with any apps
2. Elite Qubo Power Smart B+ Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 25,490
Elite Qubo Power Smart B+ is one of the best tire-drive magnetic cycle trainers for amateurs to mid-pro riders, who have been racing for about 1-2 years. It transmits power data wirelessly via ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart. Its price range, with a number of smart options, makes it one of the best in the market. Its elastogel roller reduces the noise by about 50% and is easy on tires.
- Wirelessly transmits power, cadence and speed data
- High compatibility with wheels from 20” – 29” width
- 8 levels of resistance (wide range of power and various effort)
- Compatible with third-party apps
3. Elite Qubo Fluid Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 24,490
This is a tire-drive smart trainer with beautiful design, best for beginners to mid-pro level cyclists. It gives you the power, cadence and speed data via ANT+ sensor inbuilt in the trainer. It is claimed that the fluid resistance roller is one of the quietest in the market in this price range. It has a powerful fluid flywheel that gives a very smooth feel. It is very stable, portable and easy to store.
- No calibration required
- Fast fixing system
- Stable and quiet
4. Elite Turno Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 49,990
It is a direct drive smart (not interactive) fluid indoor cycle trainer for the mid-pro to advance cyclists. It has a high power range of 780w at 40km/h. It has a foldable frame and handle that makes it easy to carry. Compatible with third-party apps, this trainer is worth considering to make your indoor training session a fun experience.
- Compatible with third-party apps and training software
- Smooth pedalling
- Fluid direct drive resistance makes pedaling quieter
5. Feedback Sports Omnium Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 32,000
Hands down, it is one of the best portable trainers for beginners to advanced cyclists. If you do not want any power data and want a cycle trainer that is easy to carry around to races, it is the one to be considered. The front mounts on the stand that supports various thru-axles. It is compatible for wheel sizes 600c – 700c and 26″-29″.
- Easy to carry (6.3kg)
- Highly compatible with all the adult road and mountain bikes
- Easy to fix and use
6. Kinetic Rock and Roll Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 58,900
It is the best trainer to consider when it comes to range of movement and the best outdoor feel. Kinetic Rock and Roll gives an immersive experience with smart electronic simulation and road feel. It is tire-driven with a massive flywheel. Best suited for those who do not want to spend a lot on the direct drive smart and interactive trainers.
- High road feel and range of movement
- Electronically simulated
- Lifetime warranty on frame
- Highly stable and durable
- Compatible with Zwift, TrainerRoad and other third-party apps
7. Elite Direto Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 72,990
It is a direct drive smart and interactive trainer. This trainer is best for advanced level cyclists who want high compatibility with a variety of training apps and immersive experience at low price. It has quite a high power output of 1400W at 40km/h. It is very stable and has a compact design.
- Interactive with all the third-party apps and training software
- Simulation of up to 14% gradient and high power output
- Measures power accuracy with +/- 2%
8. Elite Drivo II Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 1,15,990
This trainer is meant for really advanced level cyclists who pedal to win. It integrates with all the training apps like Zwift, TrainerRoad, Sufferfest and simulates the terrain automatically and is very quiet. The 6kg flywheel gives very smooth pedaling and high power output.
- Very quiet
- Slope simulation up to 24%
- Compatible with all the apps
- High power accuracy with +/- 1%
- One of the best in the market
9. Wahoo Kickr Smart Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 1,14,999
A direct drive, it gives power accuracy of +/- 2% and generates up to 2200 watts. It has LED lights that indicate the training intensity. Highly immersive and paired with all the third-party training apps, it has all the features that an advanced cyclist will need. It is compatible with KICKR CLIMB and KICKR HEADWIND.
- Quiet and high power output
- 20% maximum grade slope simulation
- Controlled resistance
- Compatible with third-party power meter
10. Tacx Neo 2 Cycle Trainer
Price: Rs. 1,29,800
It is the world’s best trainer, and the most expensive. Direct drive, compatible with 8-12 speed cassettes and completely silent indoor cycle trainer, it simulates incline up to 25% and sprints up to 2200 watts. Unique to Tacx Neo 2, it gives cobblestone vibration experience as well.
It is the only smart trainer that does not require the calibration process and no maintenance. It has responsive LED lights that change colors as per the intensity. If you have got the money and the will to train, just buy it.
- Completely silent
- Responsive LED lights
- Highly compatible and fully interactive
- Zero calibration required
- High power output and 25% slope simulation
- Very expensive
This list of the best indoor cycle trainers available in India was made keeping in mind every type of rider and budget range. The main thing to consider while buying an indoor cycle trainer is to know about your priorities, training goals, and the experience you want.